Author Topic: Small Jpeg vs raw import issue  (Read 1873 times)

Offline chicoelnino

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Small Jpeg vs raw import issue
« on: September 03, 2019, 11:58:33 AM »
New PM6 user. I've a small problem that I'm sure you guys will know how I can solve it.

Basically, I've set up PM so that the thumbnail shows a combined JPEG + RAW image.

I then go about selecting my images that I want to bring over into Lightroom.

However, when the images arrive in LR, it's just the Raw files that show up. There's no additional JPEGS for each file attached.

I do have the "Treat both JPEGs and RAW files as separate images" ticked in the preferences panel.

The only way I seem to be able to import both the raw and the jpegs into LR is to select both files during the import phase - which means I've to checkmark each additional jpeg file from the imported ones. This means I'm wasting time.

What settings do I have to change in each program so that I can quickly import both the jpeg and raw files?

Thanks for any help with this.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Small Jpeg vs raw import issue
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 02:10:09 PM »
New PM6 user. I've a small problem that I'm sure you guys will know how I can solve it.

Basically, I've set up PM so that the thumbnail shows a combined JPEG + RAW image.

I then go about selecting my images that I want to bring over into Lightroom.

However, when the images arrive in LR, it's just the Raw files that show up. There's no additional JPEGS for each file attached.

I do have the "Treat both JPEGs and RAW files as separate images" ticked in the preferences panel.

Is this a setting LR?  If not, I'm not familiar with that setting in Photo Mechanic.

The only way I seem to be able to import both the raw and the jpegs into LR is to select both files during the import phase - which means I've to checkmark each additional jpeg file from the imported ones. This means I'm wasting time.

What settings do I have to change in each program so that I can quickly import both the jpeg and raw files?

Are you using drag and drop from a selection in PM6 to LR or are you importing in some other way?

If you have the contact sheet showing the images paired (View->Combined RAW+JPEG) and select them and then drag and drop them, PM will provide the RAW, the JPEG, and any sidecar XMP files at the destination.  If the destination app decides to filter out some of the images and only act on some of them then PM can't do anything about that.

-Kirk

Offline chicoelnino

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Small Jpeg vs raw import issue
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 02:36:41 PM »
So when I drag the files over to LR, both the jpeg and raw files are populated over! Thanks very much for helping me solve this :) It was doing my nut in for hours :) Much appreciate you help.