Author Topic: Blown highlights  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Blown highlights
« on: September 05, 2019, 01:19:23 AM »
Just switched to PM6 and it has retained the very useful blown highlights/shadows feature. Can anyone suggest how to correct blown highlights in PS6 CC or Lightroom? Cannot find an easy way to do it which complements PM6. In the past I used Nikon Capture NX2 or NXD but I have now moved to a iMac and NXd is not as good on the new OS. In addition, I found that NXD does not sit well with PM6 and loath to lose Photo Mechanic.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Blown highlights
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 05:57:29 AM »
Just switched to PM6 and it has retained the very useful blown highlights/shadows feature. Can anyone suggest how to correct blown highlights in PS6 CC or Lightroom? Cannot find an easy way to do it which complements PM6. In the past I used Nikon Capture NX2 or NXD but I have now moved to a iMac and NXd is not as good on the new OS. In addition, I found that NXD does not sit well with PM6 and loath to lose Photo Mechanic.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you're shooting RAW (NEF) then Adobe Photoshop can handle that task easily via the Adobe Camera RAW plugin which in most cases will allow you to dial back the exposure compensation and recover those over bright detail areas.

-Kirk

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Re: Blown highlights
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 09:50:47 AM »
Thank Kirk, Just tried that and it works a treat, problem solved. :)