Author Topic: Crash coming out of Lock Screen  (Read 3346 times)

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
    • Keith & Vlasta Ross-Jones
Crash coming out of Lock Screen
« on: September 06, 2019, 10:16:35 PM »
I have reported this issue with PM6 but thought I would raise it here again as it is still happening with PM+.

Simply start PM+ then lock the screen with Windows-L then unlock.  The BugSplat crash report screen shows up allowing you to report the crash.  I have reported this a number of times for PM6 and once today for PM+

The strange thing is it does not always do this but does most of the time.

I am using windows 10 64bit on a Lenovo laptop.  This happens with some other software too so is not limited to PM.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Crash coming out of Lock Screen
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 10:31:54 PM »
I have reported this issue with PM6 but thought I would raise it here again as it is still happening with PM+.

Simply start PM+ then lock the screen with Windows-L then unlock.  The BugSplat crash report screen shows up allowing you to report the crash.  I have reported this a number of times for PM6 and once today for PM+

The strange thing is it does not always do this but does most of the time.

I am using windows 10 64bit on a Lenovo laptop.  This happens with some other software too so is not limited to PM.

There were only two crash reports filed on the Windows version of PM6 and/or PM Plus.  When you file your reports are you using the same email address as you use for your account on this forum?

EDIT: I saw your crash come through just now.  Your tablet driver is crashing inside our application.  I'm not sure how I can fix that when there isn't any of our code in the stack trace.

This is all I get (sorry, it's very nerdy) :

ISD_Tablet               Missing symbols for ISD_Tablet (debug id: 5AEA242319000)
0x80000

-Kirk

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 10:40:39 PM »
Thanks Kirk.  At least this gives me some idea where the crash is happening.  Strange that it is crashing PM+ if you don't have any code for it.  Does PM+ use any tablet features explicitly?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 10:42:30 PM »
Thanks Kirk.  At least this gives me some idea where the crash is happening.  Strange that it is crashing PM+ if you don't have any code for it.  Does PM+ use any tablet features explicitly?

No.  I have no idea why your tablet software is creating a thread in our application.  I suggest checking to see if your drivers are up-to-date.

Does it matter what you're doing in PM at the time that you lock the screen?

-Kirk

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 05:51:04 PM »
Just updated everything I can on my laptop and I still get the crash.

Simply opening PM+, immediately locking the screen then unlocking causes the crash.  Nothing done in PM+ at all.

BUT, now after a force reboot it is not happening!  I will continue to monitor and see if I can trace the issue.  Until I can reliably reproduce it I think we should shelve this issue for now.

Thanks for your help.