Author Topic: Color Tag filter disappears when window size is small  (Read 4143 times)

Offline inkaman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Color Tag filter disappears when window size is small
« on: September 08, 2019, 12:08:52 PM »
Hey,
I am using PM6. Since I can't customize the toolbar (please change this), is there another workaround so that I can use the color tag filter buttons (see attached screen grab) when I am editing in a small window?

When I decrease the window size the color tag filter disappears (but is replaced with a ">" that doesn't have any function) from the toolbar (see attached screen grab).

I use the color tag filter function ALL THE TIME, but rarely if ever use the other features in the toolbar. So when I want to change the filter view I need to drag my window wider, make the change then drag the window smaller again. Time consuming and frustrating.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Color Tag filter disappears when window size is small
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 12:30:45 PM »
I am using PM6. Since I can't customize the toolbar (please change this), is there another workaround so that I can use the color tag filter buttons (see attached screen grab) when I am editing in a small window?

No, not at this time.

When I decrease the window size the color tag filter disappears (but is replaced with a ">" that doesn't have any function) from the toolbar (see attached screen grab).

Its function is to let you know that you're missing some part of the UI because your window is too narrow.

I use the color tag filter function ALL THE TIME, but rarely if ever use the other features in the toolbar. So when I want to change the filter view I need to drag my window wider, make the change then drag the window smaller again. Time consuming and frustrating.

Understood.  If we do make it customizable, it will be a simple check-list of what appears and what does not.

-Kirk

Offline inkaman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 05:45:34 PM »
A check-list is better than nothing, but why doesn't Camera Bits just make PM customizable like other OS apps. I customize the toolbars of Mac Mail and other apps all the time.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 06:25:29 PM »
A check-list is better than nothing, but why doesn't Camera Bits just make PM customizable like other OS apps. I customize the toolbars of Mac Mail and other apps all the time.

Because the toolbar is no longer one provided by the OS.

-Kirk