Photo Mechanic > Support

Can't search IPTC for F stop with decimal point

(1/2) > >>

ejatpa:
I inserted the f stop variable into the metadata iptc template so I could search on this parameter.  I am comparing lens sharpness at the moment.

I noticed that if I search any F stop that has a decimal point, the search does not return any items.  However, it will return items if the f stop does not include a decimal point.  Is this a bug or a normal function?

Using Windows 10, PM Version 6 Build 3558

Thanks

EJ

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: ejatpa on September 09, 2019, 08:23:58 AM ---I inserted the f stop variable into the metadata iptc template so I could search on this parameter.  I am comparing lens sharpness at the moment.

I noticed that if I search any F stop that has a decimal point, the search does not return any items.  However, it will return items if the f stop does not include a decimal point.  Is this a bug or a normal function

--- End quote ---

Could you please post a screen shot of your Find panel?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

ejatpa:
Here is a screen shot of the find panel after I have already selected "find".  I searched through the thumbnails  and nothing was highlighted.

Thanks

EJ

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: ejatpa on September 09, 2019, 09:42:56 AM ---Here is a screen shot of the find panel after I have already selected "find".  I searched through the thumbnails  and nothing was highlighted.

--- End quote ---

Which field did you insert the variable into and what value did it produce?  Feel free to post a screen shot of the field.

Thanks,

-Kirk

ejatpa:
Thanks for the reply.  Here is a screen capture of the variables I inserted using the ctrl and I key to bring up the template.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version