Author Topic: PM Quit working  (Read 1829 times)

Offline ejatpa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM Quit working
« on: September 15, 2019, 02:21:19 PM »
I have been running PM 6 successfully on my computer.  Today, for reasons I can not figure out, it just quit running.  I tried starting the program from the desktop shortcut and also from the .exe file in the windows Programs folder.  I also tried to uninstall it and then reinstall.  Nothing has worked.

Any suggestions?

I am running windows 10 with 16 meg of ram.  I don't know the build number since I can't get the program to start any longer.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM Quit working
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 02:59:58 PM »
I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Windows Explorer window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 05:50:49 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 04:35:18 PM »
Sounds like ejatpa might not be able to do that if they aren't able to get a Photo Mechanic window up on their computer

The file we are looking for will be at this location:

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 04:40:07 PM »
I would suggest restartarting windows.  If the for some reason the  PM hung while exiting that should fix it.

Jerry

Offline ejatpa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 04:56:02 AM »
Thank you for the helpful advice everybody.  When I get back into town I will try the fixes suggested.  I have my laptop with me and the copy on my laptop is still working.  The copy on my desktop is the one causing the problems.

Thanks

EJ

Offline ejatpa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 05:29:39 PM »
Well, I restarted windows again, and this time PM is working. I've also included the file that Kirk was asking for.

Thanks for the help.

EJA