Author Topic: Toggle rendering quality (RAW vs. JPG) in PM6  (Read 3010 times)

Offline neil@dg28.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Toggle rendering quality (RAW vs. JPG) in PM6
« on: September 16, 2019, 05:31:41 AM »
In PM5 you could use the Q key in the preview window to view the RAW file instead of the JPEG preview. This was very useful for Sony ARW files on a high DPI screen because their  previews are so small. Can anyone tell me how to do this in PM6? This appears to be a simple case of a useful feature disappearing.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Toggle rendering quality (RAW vs. JPG) in PM6
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 07:17:18 AM »
Neil,

In PM5 you could use the Q key in the preview window to view the RAW file instead of the JPEG preview. This was very useful for Sony ARW files on a high DPI screen because their  previews are so small. Can anyone tell me how to do this in PM6? This appears to be a simple case of a useful feature disappearing.

The feature has been removed in PM6.  It may return at some point.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 11:46:54 AM »
Hi,
I think that this is really a useful feature.
Regards,
- Luiz Muzzi

Offline danhoff

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 07:29:27 PM »
I agree, and while I think I understand the reasons for the switch to using Adobe's DNG Converter for RAW rendering, after searching all over this forum, it is so slow and such a resource hog that I generally leave it turned off and just work with RAW+JPG or JPG previews.

However, it would be really great if when the 'Q' shortcut returns, if it functioned as a render-raw-on-demand button, i.e. rather than just slamming through an entire contact sheet and rendering every RAW, if PM only invoked DNG Converter after 'Q' was pressed on an image while previewing it....