Author Topic: Ingest problems with Mac since PM 4.5  (Read 3956 times)

Offline kbird

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest problems with Mac since PM 4.5
« on: April 10, 2007, 03:52:08 PM »
I am running PM on a Mac iMac 2GHz G5 2GB RAM. I have had no trouble ingesting images from cards using a Sandisk multi card reader until today after installing PM 4.5. I get the ingest tasks window which goes to 'scanning source paths and then either locks up at that point or goes on to ingest perhaps 30 - 50 images and then freezes. I then abort the ingest via the ingest tasks window which appears to work but then on trying to close PM am told that an ingest is still under way and to use the ingest tasks window to abort it. Force quit appears to work but still PM doesn't quit and I have to switch off power to shut down.

Help please!

Ken

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest problems with Mac since PM 4.5
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 04:14:55 PM »
Ken,

I am running PM on a Mac iMac 2GHz G5 2GB RAM. I have had no trouble ingesting images from cards using a Sandisk multi card reader until today after installing PM 4.5. I get the ingest tasks window which goes to 'scanning source paths and then either locks up at that point or goes on to ingest perhaps 30 - 50 images and then freezes. I then abort the ingest via the ingest tasks window which appears to work but then on trying to close PM am told that an ingest is still under way and to use the ingest tasks window to abort it. Force quit appears to work but still PM doesn't quit and I have to switch off power to shut down.

Please call 503-531-8430 for direct assistance.  They should be able to serve you much better than I can via the forums.

-Kirk