Author Topic: IPTC Field automatically drops to the bottom  (Read 1306 times)

Offline dguralnick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Field automatically drops to the bottom
« on: September 23, 2019, 03:15:09 PM »
When opening the IPTC stationary pad of an image, the field opens at the very bottom, not at the top. Attaching a screen shot for clarity.  This happens on every image, and it even happens when I email an image to someone else. When they open the caption, the bottom is the first thing they see and you have to scroll to the top.   Our workflow is to ingest all of our images with a basic caption, then open individual images to expand the captions of what we are sending back to the office.  I work for a newspaper and I cannot currently upgrade to the newest version of PM due to issues with our IT department. However I have several co-workers with identical computers and software and no one else has this issue.

I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19728 (3c52d76) and I run Mac OS X 10.13.6 on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017). 

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Field automatically drops to the bottom
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 04:14:49 PM »
When opening the IPTC stationary pad of an image, the field opens at the very bottom, not at the top. Attaching a screen shot for clarity.  This happens on every image, and it even happens when I email an image to someone else. When they open the caption, the bottom is the first thing they see and you have to scroll to the top.   Our workflow is to ingest all of our images with a basic caption, then open individual images to expand the captions of what we are sending back to the office.  I work for a newspaper and I cannot currently upgrade to the newest version of PM due to issues with our IT department. However I have several co-workers with identical computers and software and no one else has this issue.

I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19728 (3c52d76) and I run Mac OS X 10.13.6 on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017).

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]