Author Topic: DIalog Boxes: High DPI and HD screens  (Read 4335 times)

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
    • Keith & Vlasta Ross-Jones
DIalog Boxes: High DPI and HD screens
« on: October 01, 2019, 06:12:34 PM »
PM+ Build 3719 on Windows 10 laptop.

My laptop has a 4K screen and I also have an old Full HD external monitor.  I use the laptop screen as the main screen with PM+ running and sometimes I will drag a dialog box to the external HD monitor.

The issue I have is the dialog boxes do not resize to fit the lower resolution external monitor.  Most other High DPI aware programs do resize for different screens.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: DIalog Boxes: High DPI and HD screens
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 07:03:42 PM »
Keith,

PM+ Build 3719 on Windows 10 laptop.

My laptop has a 4K screen and I also have an old Full HD external monitor.  I use the laptop screen as the main screen with PM+ running and sometimes I will drag a dialog box to the external HD monitor.

The issue I have is the dialog boxes do not resize to fit the lower resolution external monitor.  Most other High DPI aware programs do resize for different screens.

Which specific dialog boxes?

-Kirk

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 09:57:27 PM »
So far, ALL dialog boxes (I have not found any that behave properly).  Some are so large that I cannot get to the cancel button at the bottom to close the dialog so I have to move it back to the laptop screen.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 07:18:03 AM »
Keith,

So far, ALL dialog boxes (I have not found any that behave properly).  Some are so large that I cannot get to the cancel button at the bottom to close the dialog so I have to move it back to the laptop screen.

Hmm.  OK.  Dialog boxes in general are not resizable (the Metadata dialogs are resizable but they're not the norm).

I'm not sure what it would take to fix that problem, but I'll file a bug report on it.

-Kirk

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 07:38:24 PM »
Thanks Kirk.