Author Topic: Variable for Keyword1, Keyword2, etc  (Read 2757 times)

Offline TrevorMoran

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Variable for Keyword1, Keyword2, etc
« on: October 04, 2019, 03:57:58 AM »
I'm trying to isolate individual keywords for use in other fields such as Caption and Persons Shown. 

For example, take a photo of Peyton Manning playing in a game.  Keywords: Peyton Manning, Quarterback, Colts. 

I'd like to use variables to fill out the Caption field in a similar format to: {keyword1} plays {keyword2} for {keyword3} at {Location} in {city}, on {todaymonthname} {todayday}, {iptcyear4}. 

Ideally output would be: Peyton Manning plays Quaterterback for Colts at Lucas Oil Field in Indianapolis, on October 10, 2016.  But as far as I can tell, the only variable for keywords is {keywords} which applies ALL keywords, "Peyton Manning, Quarterback, Colts".

Another application would be using {keyword1} to propagate into the Persons Shown field. 

Is there a way to do this?  Perhaps a workaround I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Variable for Keyword1, Keyword2, etc
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 07:42:26 AM »
I'm trying to isolate individual keywords for use in other fields such as Caption and Persons Shown. 

For example, take a photo of Peyton Manning playing in a game.  Keywords: Peyton Manning, Quarterback, Colts. 

I'd like to use variables to fill out the Caption field in a similar format to: {keyword1} plays {keyword2} for {keyword3} at {Location} in {city}, on {todaymonthname} {todayday}, {iptcyear4}. 

Ideally output would be: Peyton Manning plays Quaterterback for Colts at Lucas Oil Field in Indianapolis, on October 10, 2016.  But as far as I can tell, the only variable for keywords is {keywords} which applies ALL keywords, "Peyton Manning, Quarterback, Colts".

Another application would be using {keyword1} to propagate into the Persons Shown field. 

Is there a way to do this?  Perhaps a workaround I'm not thinking of?

No, Photo Mechanic does not have a facility for extracting out individual keywords as variables.

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Re: Variable for Keyword1, Keyword2, etc
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 11:33:21 AM »
I think I asked the same sort of question some time ago.

There is a growing number of agencies who require the player/s name/s in either keywords or persons shown. You could copy & paste the text but, personally, I have a second set of codes with just the players name and add a k to the code but it does slow down my captioning.

a1      Fred Bloggs of......   
a1k    Fred Bloggs