Author Topic: Intermittent error tagging images on card  (Read 1376 times)

Offline pward76

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Intermittent error tagging images on card
« on: October 05, 2019, 08:26:11 PM »
Hi,

I'm tagging jpeg images directly on my card so I can copy them to a folder and on some images, I get the attached error.  It's only on a few of the images on the card - most images that I want to tag work just fine.

I've also attached my "about" screen so you can see the version I'm working with on my laptop running Windows 10x64

Thanks
Pat

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Intermittent error tagging images on card
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 10:14:05 PM »
Sounds like your camera card is nearly full.  Some of your images are larger than others and the small ones succeed where the larger ones fail.

I suggest ingesting first then modify your images.  Or if one of your images is truly a bad one, you could delete it to make more room (you may have to empty the Trash to actually get the space back.)

-Kirk

Offline pward76

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Intermittent error tagging images on card
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 08:01:56 AM »
You are correct, the card was full. I forgot about that.  Thanks.  I don't often fill a card, so this shouldn't be a big problem going forward.

My workflow for events  (in this case, a football game)  is a little different in that I do not ingest every image on the card.  Rather, I tag the images I want and copy those to a new folder on the hard drive.

Thanks again!