Author Topic: catalog error?  (Read 3670 times)

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
catalog error?
« on: October 06, 2019, 10:02:16 AM »
I am not sure why I am getting this RED error message about metadata and images are under the PHOTOS folder on my RAID.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: catalog error?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 09:14:10 AM »
I am not sure why I am getting this RED error message about metadata and images are under the PHOTOS folder on my RAID.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 02:08:06 PM »
Attached is the file yo requested.

Jed

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 03:16:34 PM »
Thanks.  Can you open up the Catalog Management window (Catalog->Manage Catalogs...) and check it to see if it has any notifications for your catalog(s)?

We're seeing this in your log: existing catalog not found: "/Volumes/IMAGE LIBRARY-MG1/_PHOTOS/pm_catalog 1/catalog.pmdb"

We expect that there is some notification about not being able to open your "pm_catalog 1" database.

-Kirk

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 04:38:32 AM »
I was trying to find a way to fix the error message. I now have this and am running it but will not be able view it untill end of work.

Jed