Author Topic: Two contact sheets in same window  (Read 3210 times)

Offline TorbenFoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Two contact sheets in same window
« on: October 09, 2019, 12:14:56 PM »

Accidentally in PM+ version 6 build 3719  i clicked somewhere on the top of a contact sheet and suddenly i had two contact sheets from two different folders in the same window, one on the left and one on the right. Not as ctrl click, that gives you all pictures from the two folders in the same sheet. Since then I have not been able to recreate it. Is i possible do it and have a documentation on how to do it,  as it is a feature i have been looking for and i can't find it i the manual

Best Torben

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Two contact sheets in same window
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 12:29:17 PM »
Torben,

Accidentally in PM+ version 6 build 3719  i clicked somewhere on the top of a contact sheet and suddenly i had two contact sheets from two different folders in the same window, one on the left and one on the right. Not as ctrl click, that gives you all pictures from the two folders in the same sheet. Since then I have not been able to recreate it. Is i possible do it and have a documentation on how to do it,  as it is a feature i have been looking for and i can't find it i the manual

It's a Windows-specific feature, usually achieved by dragging the second Contact Sheet tab far enough away from the tab bar that a little document icon appears under your mouse cursor.  You then drag that to the right or bottom edge of the Contact Sheet area and you'll see a rectangle highlight appear.  Release the mouse button and the tab will now be in its own tab group and you can now compare two Contact Sheets side-by-side, or top/bottom.

If there is some other way of doing that, I don't know how you did it. ;)

-Kirk

Offline TorbenFoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 01:12:46 PM »

Fantasic - it works
Thanks

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
    • Keith & Vlasta Ross-Jones
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 05:01:11 PM »
Now that is a useful feature.  Would be nice to have it in the documentation.