Author Topic: How to get information displayed in the thumbnails  (Read 3122 times)

Offline md789

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to get information displayed in the thumbnails
« on: October 11, 2019, 10:36:43 AM »
How to get information displayed in the browsed thumbnails?
For example how to show if the image has gps information or not?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to get information displayed in the thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 11:07:53 AM »
How to get information displayed in the browsed thumbnails?
For example how to show if the image has gps information or not?

In the Contact Sheet page of the Preferences dialog you can customize the thumbnail labels.  You can have up to three labels.  The labels can have {variables} entered in them.  So if you were to choose "Filename + one label" and enter the following as your first label:

GPS Lat: {latitude}, Lon: {longitude}

Then your thumbnails will show the GPS data for the position, if any.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline md789

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 11:12:03 AM »
Thanks very much, that worked.  I was actually hoping just for an icon to identify the files where there was gps and where there was not (and so I needed to put it in) but giving the actual numbers is OK.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 11:15:23 AM »
Thanks very much, that worked.  I was actually hoping just for an icon to identify the files where there was gps and where there was not (and so I needed to put it in) but giving the actual numbers is OK.

You can use the "Select photos with GPS" command on the Edit menu.  The selected images have GPS coordinates.  The rest of the images do not have GPS coordinates.  If you now want to work with the images that do not have GPS coordinates, then use the "Select Others (invert)" command on the Edit menu after you use the "Select photos with GPS" command.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline md789

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 11:29:18 AM »
Yes I had already found:

"You can use the "Select photos with GPS" command on the Edit menu.  The selected images have GPS coordinates.  The rest of the images do not have GPS coordinates.  If you now want to work with the images that do not have GPS coordinates, then use the "Select Others (invert)" command on the Edit menu after you use the "Select photos with GPS" command."

But having the images in context of each other helps because it is often just the first few or odd ones during a sequence where the camera gps fails to pick up the satellites and the adjacent images have the correct location rather than having to remember yourself.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 11:31:03 AM »
Yes I had already found:

"You can use the "Select photos with GPS" command on the Edit menu.  The selected images have GPS coordinates.  The rest of the images do not have GPS coordinates.  If you now want to work with the images that do not have GPS coordinates, then use the "Select Others (invert)" command on the Edit menu after you use the "Select photos with GPS" command."

But having the images in context of each other helps because it is often just the first few or odd ones during a sequence where the camera gps fails to pick up the satellites and the adjacent images have the correct location rather than having to remember yourself.

Then doesn't the label solution let you visually scan for images in context that don't have GPS info?

-Kirk