Author Topic: Drag and Drop to move photos not always working  (Read 3026 times)

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
    • Keith & Vlasta Ross-Jones
Drag and Drop to move photos not always working
« on: October 11, 2019, 10:53:36 PM »
I open two Contact Sheets and arrange them side-by-side.  I then drag a single photo from one window to another to move the photo.  I can move as many as I like from the original sheet to the other but cannot drag any photo back the other way.

I close both Contact Sheets and re-open them and then I can drag the photos back to their original window.  Once again you cannot drag them the other way.

This happens with both the latest version of PM+ and PM6.

Windows 10.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Drag and Drop to move photos not always working
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 10:12:14 AM »
Keith,

I open two Contact Sheets and arrange them side-by-side.  I then drag a single photo from one window to another to move the photo.  I can move as many as I like from the original sheet to the other but cannot drag any photo back the other way.

I close both Contact Sheets and re-open them and then I can drag the photos back to their original window.  Once again you cannot drag them the other way.

This happens with both the latest version of PM+ and PM6.

Are both Contact Sheets showing you the contents of a folder (in other words, neither are the result of using the Catalog features?)

-Kirk

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
    • Keith & Vlasta Ross-Jones
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 06:45:39 PM »
Hi Kirk,

both contact sheets were opened from the Navigator and show contents of the folder.  For the instance where I can move a photo from one sheet to the other, both sheet's contents update to reflect the move operation.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 06:52:43 PM »
Keith,

both contact sheets were opened from the Navigator and show contents of the folder.  For the instance where I can move a photo from one sheet to the other, both sheet's contents update to reflect the move operation.

OK, we will look into the problem.

Thanks,

-Kirk