Author Topic: PM6 opens a new contact sheet every ingest  (Read 1515 times)

Offline ludde_t

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6 opens a new contact sheet every ingest
« on: October 13, 2019, 05:58:26 AM »
Hi,
Since upgrading to PM6 I've had issues while ingesting, each time I ingest a card a new contact sheet is open even tough the ingest folder is open in the background. After a soccer game I end up with 8-10 tabs (ingesting multiple cards, halftime, etc) which is really annoying and not the way PM5 behaved. Is this a setting somewhere I'm missing? Looked trough the menus multiple times without finding anything that helps.

Many thanks,

Kind regards
Ludvig

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 opens a new contact sheet every ingest
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 06:44:55 AM »
Ludvig,

Since upgrading to PM6 I've had issues while ingesting, each time I ingest a card a new contact sheet is open even tough the ingest folder is open in the background. After a soccer game I end up with 8-10 tabs (ingesting multiple cards, halftime, etc) which is really annoying and not the way PM5 behaved. Is this a setting somewhere I'm missing? Looked trough the menus multiple times without finding anything that helps.

Please post a screen shot of your Ingest dialog.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ludde_t

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 07:58:52 AM »
Hi,
Ingest dialog attached!
Kind regards
Ludvig

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 04:08:21 PM »
Ludvig,

See the annotated image.  The popup menu with the cyan box around it is how you tell Ingest what to do with folders/cards as they are Ingested.  If you don't want the contact sheets to be opened as they're ingested then choose "Never open Contact Sheets", or if you do want them to open but not interrupt work you're doing in other contact sheets, keep the popup selected to "Open Contact Sheets during Ingest", and additionally check the "Open Contact Sheets in background" checkbox.

HTH,

-Kirk