Author Topic: Code auto completes incorrectly in IPTC pad.  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Chrish_Photos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Code auto completes incorrectly in IPTC pad.
« on: October 15, 2019, 08:42:12 AM »
I posted this in the wrong section earlier. Clearly it should be here in support.

UPDATE: I knew I'd come across this problem before. Last time it was solved with a software fix, but it seems to have broken itself again in subsequent versions. Now I have the same client demanding the same captions and I cant get it to work again.
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=11214.msg54840#msg54840

I am using the final release of ver5

I am using a variable to pull a number from a code replacement file, and then use a second replacement to change that result to an ordinal number. IE 1 becomes 1st etc. To do this I use the following variable code  \\{featuredorgcode}#2\\  where #2 returns the number and the second set of backslashes calls the code replacement from the text file. In this case 1(tab)1st

This works 100%, however if I try to continue the sentence by adding another code in the IPTC pad, the above code auto changes itself to \\{featuredorgcode}#2\ (loses the last \) and then adds the default replacement word.

Clearly the issue is the \\code\\ double backslash.

Help!!. Is there a solution?

many thanks
Chris

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Code auto completes incorrectly in IPTC pad.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 12:13:41 PM »
Chris,

I don't quite follow what you are trying to do here.

Please email support@camerabits.com a sample code replacement file and a sample image, and the steps needed to replicate.  Please put this to the attention of Bob Russell.

I tried my own CR file:
foo   bar   3
3   3rd

And if I put "foo" into the featured org code field, then in IPTC Info dialog I type the following (I use '=' not '\' for my delimiter char):
=={featuredorgcode}#2==

Then I get back:
3rd

So this seems to work just fine in both PM5 and PM6.

--dennis