Author Topic: Uploading to dropbox  (Read 3709 times)

Offline Harvey Levine

• View Profile
Uploading to dropbox
« on: October 15, 2019, 10:03:35 PM »
Is it still not possible to upload photos from PM6 to dropbox?  I tried and it put the files I uploaded in Home not in files where I had a folder and sub folder I wanted to put the pictures in? If not possible, do you see this in the near future?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Uploading to dropbox
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 07:11:39 AM »
Harvey,

Is it still not possible to upload photos from PM6 to dropbox?  I tried and it put the files I uploaded in Home not in files where I had a folder and sub folder I wanted to put the pictures in? If not possible, do you see this in the near future?

Dropbox.com wouldn't give us full access privileges for our uploader.  We tried, but they refused.  We were able to be approved with lower capabilities which don't allow you to choose what subfolder your images will arrive.

-Kirk

Offline TopHatter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 09:20:24 AM »

I have the dropbox account loaded as a drive and use the Save As... option to upload onto DropBox and use can use the subfolder option with that. 

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 03:15:44 PM »
Has anything changed with PM access to Dropbox?

I tried uploading from PM+, it open my Dropbox account in Safari then generated a code for me to paste into PM. But I could not see where in PM to paste it.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 03:39:54 PM »
Mick,

Has anything changed with PM access to Dropbox?

I tried uploading from PM+, it open my Dropbox account in Safari then generated a code for me to paste into PM. But I could not see where in PM to paste it.

Press the "Connections..." button in the Dropbox uploader, then make sure your account is chosen from the popup menu.  Then near the bottom of the Connection Settings window should be a field labeled "Verification code:" that you will paste your code into.

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 04:04:10 PM »
Kirk,

That doesn't seem to work.

When I click on Add/Replace account, the Dropbox site asks if I want to authorize Photo Mechanic, when I click "Yes" it gives me the verification code.

Back in PM, there is nothing in the Account drop down and nowhere it paste the code. When I click connections, PM just starts the process of getting the verification code again from Dropbox.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 05:06:41 PM »
Mick,

Resize or scroll the Connection Settings window.  It should be there at the bottom.

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 06:07:18 PM »
Duh!

Thanks, Kirk.