Author Topic: Ingest Question  (Read 2037 times)

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
Ingest Question
« on: October 19, 2019, 02:44:10 PM »
Running PM V 6.0 and build 3558  (afa5073) on a 13" MacBook Pro using Mojave 10.14.5
I am ingesting to a Samsung SSD external drive. I created a new folder on the external drive. After ingest, the name of the drive appears in the Navigation window, but the just created folder to which the contents have gone does not appear in the Navigator window. I can go to File and click on Open Recent and choose the name of the folder and the photos will appear. The folder will only appear in the Nav window after PM has been quit and re-opened. All help appreciated.  :-[   Thanks, Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest Question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 04:47:50 PM »
Richard,

Running PM V 6.0 and build 3558  (afa5073) on a 13" MacBook Pro using Mojave 10.14.5
I am ingesting to a Samsung SSD external drive. I created a new folder on the external drive. After ingest, the name of the drive appears in the Navigation window, but the just created folder to which the contents have gone does not appear in the Navigator window. I can go to File and click on Open Recent and choose the name of the folder and the photos will appear. The folder will only appear in the Nav window after PM has been quit and re-opened. All help appreciated.  :-[   Thanks, Richard

Did you collapse and re-expand the drive containing your new folder?

-Kirk

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
Re: Ingest Question
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 05:55:20 PM »
Kirk: no, but think that I have found the issue. In the source directory structure, I had chosen "ignore etc" instead of "keep separate source folder names". Once changed to the latter, all was well.