Photo Mechanic > Support

Catalina, PM 6 & Headache. Super slow experience

(1/5) > >>

salling1000:

Back in spring I gave PM 6 a try. At the time my macs were running 10.14 and latest PM5 build. Fairly fast and rock steady. After a week or so I gave up on PM6 as it weren't as stable or fast as the older v5

After upgrading to 10.15 I had no choice but to switch to PM6. Currently on Version 6.0, build 3558.

It is rather painful. Spinning pinwheel, terrible lag when scrolling few just a few hundred images.

Is there any other cure than patience, as in waiting for updates hopefully fixing this. I use PM primarily for the simplicity and speed. Right now the speed is absent.

salling1000:
BTW. I am using a 2013 Mac Pro. 6core with 64GB ram. Shouldn't be the machine slowing me down....

Kirk Baker:
I'd like to see your preferences settings.  Specifically the Contact Sheet, Files, Preview, Caching, and Render Cache pages.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshots.

Thanks,

-Kirk

salling1000:
Hi Kirk,

Please find the requested screenshots here

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: salling1000 on October 16, 2019, 11:14:47 AM ---Please find the requested screenshots here

--- End quote ---

Thank you.  Here are the changes that I suggest:

Files page: turn off "Play move to Trash sound"

Preview page: turn off "Enlarge photos to fit previews and slideshows"
turn off "Always make current Preview visible in Contact Sheet"
turn off "Synchronize single selection between Preview and Contact Sheet"
turn off "Rescan Contact Sheet when Preview closes"

Caching page: make "Disk Cache size" 2048

The rest looks good.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index