Author Topic: I shoot with my Sony set for creative style in black and white  (Read 3543 times)

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
I shoot with my Sony set for creative style in black and white
« on: October 20, 2019, 06:16:29 AM »
While my sony is for a creative style of black and white to see contrast better I want them to render as color in the PM 6+. Can and how can I accomplish this.

Also, how do I input a travel PM 6+ catalog into my main PC catalog.

thank for the help.

Jed Best

PS Boy, the filtering system is the fastest I have experienced. Bravo!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: I shoot with my Sony set for creative style in black and white
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 07:01:09 AM »
Jed,

While my sony is for a creative style of black and white to see contrast better I want them to render as color in the PM 6+. Can and how can I accomplish this.

If the embedded preview is in black and white, it will always display as black and white in Photo Mechanic.  There is no facility in PM that will render your Sony RAW files.

Also, how do I input a travel PM 6+ catalog into my main PC catalog.

I'm not sure what you're asking?  You can have multiple catalogs active at the same time.  There is no merge facility so have one for travel and one for home.  You can search and modify either one or both at the same time as long as they're reachable.

-Kirk

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 07:23:12 AM »
So I cannot import my travel laptop catalog into my main one other than to reimport the images. If that is correct, will the metadata come along with it?

thank you

Jed

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 07:32:36 AM »
Also, do you have any suggestion to have Capture one develop the image. When I send it to C1, I get an import dialog but it does not import the image

Offline kclaar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 10:05:05 AM »
Jed,

Not sure what you mean by "import".

If you copy the files (images and sidecar) to the computer with your main catalog, you can (1) select the images in PM and use the Include in Catalog option from the context menu or (2) use the Scan to Catalog option under the Catalog menu item. Both options will preserve the metadata tagging you did on your laptop.

You will not have any metadata if you ingest from your camera storage card into your main catalog.

-- Ken

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 02:20:30 PM »
Jed,

So I cannot import my travel laptop catalog into my main one other than to reimport the images. If that is correct, will the metadata come along with it?

Yes, all of the metadata is either in the images themselves or in XMP sidecar files depending on your IPTC/XMP preferences and the file format of the images.

-Kirk