Author Topic: Apply reverse geocode to multiple images without changing the coordinates?  (Read 2451 times)

Offline LapplandMedia

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,
I'm interested to apply the reverse geocoding to several thousands of images that already have coordinates. But when I apply this function to many images at the same time I cannot see a way to extra locations from coordinates without setting the same coordinates to all images. So is there a way to extract geolocations without changing the coordinates to many images at the same time (images with different coordinates)? If this is not possible in PM, maybe you can suggest another software for this?

Peter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Peter,

I'm interested to apply the reverse geocoding to several thousands of images that already have coordinates. But when I apply this function to many images at the same time I cannot see a way to extra locations from coordinates without setting the same coordinates to all images. So is there a way to extract geolocations without changing the coordinates to many images at the same time (images with different coordinates)? If this is not possible in PM, maybe you can suggest another software for this?

Use the Metadata (IPTC) Template instead.  Click the "globe" icon after each field that you want to reverse geocode.  Make sure that the "apply" checkboxes (the ones to the left of the field labels) are checked and that any other fields that you don't want to apply are unchecked.  Then apply the template to your selected images.

That should do it.

-Kirk