Author Topic: Drag and drop between two Contact Sheet windows.  (Read 1871 times)

Offline David Roth

• View Profile
Drag and drop between two Contact Sheet windows.
« on: October 23, 2019, 03:36:57 PM »
I've noticed that when I drag a group of photos from one contact sheet to another, the order in which they are dropped is different from their source order. I'm dragging from a window ordered by capture time into an arrangement. The new order appears to be alphabetical. Can you confirm this behavior and is it unrelated to the sorting order of the source and destination?

I also see that I can create more than two windows. Is this new in PM6? I thought I was limited to two in PM5. Nice!

Using PM6 under windows 10.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Drag and drop between two Contact Sheet windows.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »
David,

I've noticed that when I drag a group of photos from one contact sheet to another, the order in which they are dropped is different from their source order. I'm dragging from a window ordered by capture time into an arrangement. The new order appears to be alphabetical. Can you confirm this behavior and is it unrelated to the sorting order of the source and destination?

I believe that new files are added to the end of the arrangement in alpha order.

-Kirk