Author Topic: A Change from 4.43.3 to 4.5  (Read 3617 times)

Offline Junebug

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • pictures that tell a story
A Change from 4.43.3 to 4.5
« on: April 11, 2007, 05:37:32 AM »
Windows XP/Outlook/Explorer

Using PM4.5 to Export Web Pages my browser no longer opens after an export. Open in browser is checked.

Also selecting images and using the "Send Photos via Email" commang and clicking OK brings up "Error: Unable to send email via MAPI. PhotoMechanic requires use od MAPI to send email......"

However; uninstalling PM4.5 and reverting back to 4.3.3 everything works fine.

Exported web pages open in Explorer immediately after exporting. Emailed Photos open up a new Mail window with the images atached.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any suggestions?

Jb.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:42:13 AM by Junebug »
Junebug Clark
Denton, TX
http://www.MooreClark.net

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: A Change from 4.43.3 to 4.5
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
Jb,

Windows XP/Outlook/Explorer

Using PM4.5 to Export Web Pages my browser no longer opens after an export. Open in browser is checked.

I just tried it on my system after making IE 7 the default browser.  It worked fine.

Is there anything peculiar about the path to your exported web gallery?

Can you post the entire path, please?

Quote from: Junebug
Also selecting images and using the "Send Photos via Email" command and clicking OK brings up "Error: Unable to send email via MAPI. PhotoMechanic requires use of MAPI to send email......"

However; uninstalling PM4.5 and reverting back to 4.3.3 everything works fine.

Exported web pages open in Explorer immediately after exporting. Emailed Photos open up a new Mail window with the images atached.

Sending photos via email also works fine for me, with the exception that the new security patches only allow me to send the email without seeing it first, or cancel sending altogether.

-Kirk

Offline vinnie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Vincent MacNamara Photography
Re: A Change from 4.43.3 to 4.5
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 01:12:53 AM »

Also selecting images and using the "Send Photos via Email" commang and clicking OK brings up "Error: Unable to send email via MAPI. PhotoMechanic requires use od MAPI to send email......"

After downloading and reading the manual :-) I realised how useful the mail option in PM could be. I hadn't used it before, but tried it today and got this message too. Win XP SP2, MS Outlook for my mail using POP3. I tried both version 4.4 and 4.5 and get it in each