Photo Mechanic > Support

Problems with photoshop following update Version 6.0, build 3889

(1/2) > >>

muscofam:
Upgraded to PM 6.0, build 3889 on a mac - Sierra 10.12.6. Shooting camera raw and using photoshop post ingest. After processing and saving as a jpeg, photo does not visibly return to PM. Most times, the time frame to see it was immediate, sometimes a short delay. After this update I had to close PM and reopen it for me to see the jpegs.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: muscofam on October 26, 2019, 03:04:16 PM ---Upgraded to PM 6.0, build 3889 on a mac - Sierra 10.12.6. Shooting camera raw and using photoshop post ingest. After processing and saving as a jpeg, photo does not visibly return to PM. Most times, the time frame to see it was immediate, sometimes a short delay. After this update I had to close PM and reopen it for me to see the jpegs.

--- End quote ---

In the Contact Sheet page of the Preferences dialog, make sure you have "Rescan on resume" checked.  If this is unchecked, then you gain the advantage of not having to wait for PM to rescan for any changes made when you weren't using it.  But you then have to manually rescan (View->Rescan) when you know that the folder contents have changed.

HTH,

-Kirk

DizzyReed:
Hi!

I am not completely sure if this is relevant in this case, but Adobe Photoshop just issued an update, where one of the fixes mentions that upon using "Save As" command, something would go wrong with the .jpg extension and thus, photo is not visible as a jpeg file. Maybe this is the problem in this case?

We had this kind of problem during a project we did this week on one of the computers ...

k_tsakalidis:
Hi,
I face the same issue when I export pictures from Lightroom.
I have the "Rescan on resume" checked.

Mick O (Camera Bits):

--- Quote from: k_tsakalidis on October 28, 2019, 01:22:50 PM ---Hi,
I face the same issue when I export pictures from Lightroom.
I have the "Rescan on resume" checked.

--- End quote ---

I have noticed that some JPGs exported from Lightroom Classic version 8.4.1 are not always rendering as expected in PM6 3889.   We are looking into it.

Mick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version