Author Topic: Problems with photoshop following update Version 6.0, build 3889  (Read 2929 times)

Offline muscofam

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Upgraded to PM 6.0, build 3889 on a mac - Sierra 10.12.6. Shooting camera raw and using photoshop post ingest. After processing and saving as a jpeg, photo does not visibly return to PM. Most times, the time frame to see it was immediate, sometimes a short delay. After this update I had to close PM and reopen it for me to see the jpegs.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problems with photoshop following update Version 6.0, build 3889
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 06:48:31 PM »
Upgraded to PM 6.0, build 3889 on a mac - Sierra 10.12.6. Shooting camera raw and using photoshop post ingest. After processing and saving as a jpeg, photo does not visibly return to PM. Most times, the time frame to see it was immediate, sometimes a short delay. After this update I had to close PM and reopen it for me to see the jpegs.

In the Contact Sheet page of the Preferences dialog, make sure you have "Rescan on resume" checked.  If this is unchecked, then you gain the advantage of not having to wait for PM to rescan for any changes made when you weren't using it.  But you then have to manually rescan (View->Rescan) when you know that the folder contents have changed.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline DizzyReed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 07:52:26 AM »
Hi!

I am not completely sure if this is relevant in this case, but Adobe Photoshop just issued an update, where one of the fixes mentions that upon using "Save As" command, something would go wrong with the .jpg extension and thus, photo is not visible as a jpeg file. Maybe this is the problem in this case?

We had this kind of problem during a project we did this week on one of the computers ...

Offline k_tsakalidis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 01:22:50 PM »
Hi,
I face the same issue when I export pictures from Lightroom.
I have the "Rescan on resume" checked.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 03:06:54 PM »
Hi,
I face the same issue when I export pictures from Lightroom.
I have the "Rescan on resume" checked.

I have noticed that some JPGs exported from Lightroom Classic version 8.4.1 are not always rendering as expected in PM6 3889.   We are looking into it.

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline muscofam

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 06:29:33 PM »
Mick/Kirt,
I was the first one to start this post. Kirt's recommendation worked for my last shoot.
Today, it was worse. "Rescan on resume" was checked and it worked for a couple of pictures then stopped. With that I was unable to write captions so it made my shoot a nightmare having to hand write my captions in an email to the newspaper.
Hope this can be figured out quickly. Should we go back to a previous PM version???
Thanks
Steve

Offline TopHatter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 09:10:04 AM »
I had the same problem, tried all the refreshing options and only way to see the images was to Quit PM and reload.  I have now reverted back to the previous Build and all works fine.

Offline foonji

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 03:48:51 PM »
I am experiencing this issue with PM6 Build 3889 (Windows 10) also.

After sending an image to photoshop to edit, and then once im finished and the image is saved out in the same folder as either jpeg or tiff. Then upon returning to Photo Mechanic it does not pick it up and display the edited image.

Manually refreshing the folder, closing and opening it, or even restarting PM, yields various results, sometimes within moments they are detected, other times a significant time and as I write this the  current lot of images I'm working on are just outright refusing to show. and yes 'Rescan on resume' is ticked.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »
Please update to the latest build of PM6: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12940.0

Thanks,

-Kirk