Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Tagging disappearing when copy/move used

(1/1)

davidbutlerii:
Wondering is anyone else has had this problem? I made selects by tagging. Then copied the files to a new folder using Copy Photos (delete originals). All the tags were undone in the copied folder. If I just copy a file and not check the box to "Copy Photos (delete originals)" the tag is still there in the new folder. Not sure this is a new feature or a bug?  Thats all :-)

I did update to newest Catalina 10.15 this morning :-)

Kirk Baker:
David,

--- Quote from: davidbutlerii on October 28, 2019, 08:11:58 AM ---Wondering is anyone else has had this problem? I made selects by tagging. Then copied the files to a new folder using Copy Photos (delete originals). All the tags were undone in the copied folder. If I just copy a file and not check the box to "Copy Photos (delete originals)" the tag is still there in the new folder.

--- End quote ---

What kind of images are you moving?

-Kirk

davidbutlerii:
Hi, I was moving Sony Raw Files

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: davidbutlerii on October 28, 2019, 11:48:15 AM ---Hi, I was moving Sony Raw Files

--- End quote ---

Can I see a screen shot of your IPTC/XMP page of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog, please?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

ahoward:

--- Quote from: davidbutlerii on October 28, 2019, 08:11:58 AM ---Wondering is anyone else has had this problem? I made selects by tagging. Then copied the files to a new folder using Copy Photos (delete originals). All the tags were undone in the copied folder. If I just copy a file and not check the box to "Copy Photos (delete originals)" the tag is still there in the new folder. Not sure this is a new feature or a bug?  Thats all :-)

I did update to newest Catalina 10.15 this morning :-)

--- End quote ---

Just to update on this post, we have identified the bug and are working on a fix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version