Author Topic: Tagging disappearing when copy/move used  (Read 4445 times)

Offline davidbutlerii

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tagging disappearing when copy/move used
« on: October 28, 2019, 08:11:58 AM »
Wondering is anyone else has had this problem? I made selects by tagging. Then copied the files to a new folder using Copy Photos (delete originals). All the tags were undone in the copied folder. If I just copy a file and not check the box to "Copy Photos (delete originals)" the tag is still there in the new folder. Not sure this is a new feature or a bug?  Thats all :-)

I did update to newest Catalina 10.15 this morning :-)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tagging disappearing when copy/move used
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 10:16:03 AM »
David,

Wondering is anyone else has had this problem? I made selects by tagging. Then copied the files to a new folder using Copy Photos (delete originals). All the tags were undone in the copied folder. If I just copy a file and not check the box to "Copy Photos (delete originals)" the tag is still there in the new folder.

What kind of images are you moving?

-Kirk

Offline davidbutlerii

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 11:48:15 AM »
Hi, I was moving Sony Raw Files

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 01:12:33 PM »
Hi, I was moving Sony Raw Files

Can I see a screen shot of your IPTC/XMP page of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog, please?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 12:37:44 PM »
Wondering is anyone else has had this problem? I made selects by tagging. Then copied the files to a new folder using Copy Photos (delete originals). All the tags were undone in the copied folder. If I just copy a file and not check the box to "Copy Photos (delete originals)" the tag is still there in the new folder. Not sure this is a new feature or a bug?  Thats all :-)

I did update to newest Catalina 10.15 this morning :-)

Just to update on this post, we have identified the bug and are working on a fix.