Author Topic: changing folder name causes catalog issues  (Read 2770 times)

Offline bazography

• View Profile
changing folder name causes catalog issues
« on: October 28, 2019, 04:48:17 PM »
build 3783
macOS 10.14.6

Changing the name of a cataloged folder (either from within PM or from the Finder) results in the blank thumbnails seen in the screenshot. Rescanning the folder will get the images back into the catalog, but it does not get rid of these extra blank thumbnails. I've tried everything I can think of to delete them, but no luck.

How do I get rid of these blank thumbnails?
Is this just a bug or is it not recommended to change folder names once cataloged?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: changing folder name causes catalog issues
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 05:06:43 PM »
build 3783
macOS 10.14.6

Changing the name of a cataloged folder (either from within PM or from the Finder) results in the blank thumbnails seen in the screenshot. Rescanning the folder will get the images back into the catalog, but it does not get rid of these extra blank thumbnails. I've tried everything I can think of to delete them, but no luck.

How do I get rid of these blank thumbnails?
Is this just a bug or is it not recommended to change folder names once cataloged?

Have you tried reissuing the search?  Also, you could try pressing the 'refresh search' toolbar button (looks like chasing arrows).

It may also be a bug.

-Kirk

Offline bazography

• View Profile
Re: changing folder name causes catalog issues
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 10:50:58 AM »
I tried all that, yes. I tried "remove from catalog", tried "scan to catalog" on that folder again, I removed the entire folder from my system, rebooted, etc. I can't get rid of those rogue thumbnails. Forgot to mention that this is not an intermittent problem either.