Author Topic: Syncing PM settings between Macs  (Read 7989 times)

Offline Pixoul

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Pixoul Photography
Syncing PM settings between Macs
« on: May 12, 2006, 10:57:54 AM »
Is there any way to sync preferences and dialog settings between multiple Macs? I'm constantly switching between my work Powerbook G4 and my personal Power Mac G4 and find it a pain to keep all of my IPTC Stationary Pads, User/Client Variables, etc. in sync between the two machines.

I'm a .Mac subscriber and tried copying com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic and com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist to my iDisk with aliases from the Preferences folder but that didn't do the trick. :( I know I could manually copy the .snap files between the two machines and that's worked for Snapshots but I haven't figured out a simple way to keep com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist in sync (specifically, the Keywords, Copyrights, etc. dropdown lists available from within the IPTC Stationary Pad).

Offline gajones

• View Profile
Re: Syncing PM settings between Macs
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 11:05:48 AM »
for the IPTC templates I use Foldershare: www.foldershare.com. It's free and works on Mac and Windows.

Offline Pixoul

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Pixoul Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 11:17:06 AM »
for the IPTC templates I use Foldershare:

Yup yup, I'm currently doing exactly that using .Mac iDisk. :) I'm just looking for a more graceful and automated solution. ;)

Offline gajones

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 06:49:20 PM »
Foldershare is completely automated, free (dot mac isn't) and works well for that purpose. Although it sounds like you're looking for a built-in solution.