Author Topic: Folder Path Name Display  (Read 4487 times)

Offline sdwheeler

• Newcomer
  • Photo Mechanic daily user since 2001
    • View Profile
    • Simon Wheeler Photography
Folder Path Name Display
« on: November 03, 2019, 07:14:40 AM »
I don't usually pay attention to the folder path at the bottom of a contact sheet. My work flow and folder structure is the same every time so I have no need to reference it.

Today I'm working on a project that combines folders from several different takes and so requires a new organizational structure.

I got confused when a folder path name appeared to be incorrect. Then I realized that the size of the window wasn't allowing a complete display of the path name.

I wonder is there should be an indication that it is truncated?

thanks
Simon

Offline sdwheeler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Folder Path Name Display
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 07:26:13 AM »
And also why do I have to have a photo selected to have the path display. It would be great to have the path displayed even without a photo selected please.

Simon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 08:33:26 AM »
Simon,

And also why do I have to have a photo selected to have the path display. It would be great to have the path displayed even without a photo selected please.

A contact sheet can browse multiple folders.  What should it show when no image is displayed and there is more than one folder in the contact sheet?

-Kirk

Offline sdwheeler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 07:45:51 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Hmmmmm, good question. I hadn't realized that. I don't use the program that way. I guess there's a capability I might use for my personal work.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 07:51:53 PM »
Hmmmmm, good question. I hadn't realized that. I don't use the program that way. I guess there's a capability I might use for my personal work.

I suppose it could display the path of the photo that is under the mouse cursor, but it would update frequently as you moved your mouse around.

-Kirk

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 10:03:02 PM »

I suppose it could display the path of the photo that is under the mouse cursor, but it would update frequently as you moved your mouse around.

-Kirk

Can't you already basically do this with "Show Info tooltips" turned on and populate that with the {path} variable?