Author Topic: Colour Tags on one version of PM, not being seen on a different version.  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Craig_S44

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi

I own two copies of PM.  One is version 5 and one v6. 

If I colour tag images on version 6, which is also on the machine where the images are kept and then try to access them from the v5 Machine, the tags are not there.

Both versions are using the Lightroom colour class protocol.

If I tag an image ON the v5 machine, the v6 Machine can see the tag.

Very frustrating.  This did not used to happen and seems only to have started since upgrading the one machine to v6.

Is there some setting on the v6 copy that I need change so the tags show up on the v5 copy?

Craig

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Colour Tags on one version of PM, not being seen on a different version.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 09:05:54 PM »
Craig,

I own two copies of PM.  One is version 5 and one v6. 

If I colour tag images on version 6, which is also on the machine where the images are kept and then try to access them from the v5 Machine, the tags are not there.

Both versions are using the Lightroom colour class protocol.

If I tag an image ON the v5 machine, the v6 Machine can see the tag.

Very frustrating.  This did not used to happen and seems only to have started since upgrading the one machine to v6.

Is there some setting on the v6 copy that I need change so the tags show up on the v5 copy?

What kind of images are you working with?

Can I see screenshots of your PM5 and PM6 IPTC/XMP Preferences pages?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshots.

Thanks,

-Kirk