Author Topic: PM6 - Capture NX-D contact sheet rescan issue when contact sheet is filtered  (Read 2183 times)

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I'm using the latest release of PM6 on a Windows 10 machine with 16gb of memory.

My general workflow is to first color code or tag the files I intend to work on, filter on those settings and then process my Nikon D500 NEF files in Nikon's Capture NX-D for the basic RAW conversion and use the Convert Files button to save as a 16bit TIF file using the source directory. I then edit the TIF in one of several other post processing applications including Photoshop and Capture NX2.

I have "rescan on resume" set in preferences, yet when I go back to the contact sheet, the new TIF file is not visible.  If I turn off the filters (or don't set them to start with) the TIF is there with color code, tag, or star rating intact.  This does not happen with PM5. Nor does it happen with files initially processed in Photoshop or my older NEFs in NX2.

Does PM6 handle files exported/converted from NX-D differently than PM5?  Are you aware of any anomalies NX-D has in converting to TIF or changes I could make in NX-D?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ralph

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Ralph,

I have "rescan on resume" set in preferences, yet when I go back to the contact sheet, the new TIF file is not visible.  If I turn off the filters (or don't set them to start with) the TIF is there with color code, tag, or star rating intact.  This does not happen with PM5. Nor does it happen with files initially processed in Photoshop or my older NEFs in NX2.

Does PM6 handle files exported/converted from NX-D differently than PM5?  Are you aware of any anomalies NX-D has in converting to TIF or changes I could make in NX-D?

No, neither PM6 or PM5 have any specific coding to deal with Nikon NX-D specifically.

Does using the Rescan command on the View menu cause the image to appear?

-Kirk

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
No, it doesn't.  The only thing that reveals the file is to "view all".  After it appears, re-applying the filters keeps the file visible.  It just seems odd that PM5 works fine, but PM6 doesn't.

Ralph

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Wanted to let you know that the latest build (3954) appears to have resolved this issue.

Ralph

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Thanks, Ralph.

-Kirk