Author Topic: Set description and headline to many images at a time (batch) - is this possible  (Read 2144 times)

Offline LapplandMedia

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,
I can see how I can set coordinates and keywords to multiple files at the same time. I can also add the meta data template to many images at the same time but this is only convinient for some of the meta data. But my problem is to add image description, head line, cathegories, sub cathegories to multiple images at the same time similar to how you can do it with coordinates. Is this possible? Quite often I can have 5-10 images that can have the same description and belong to the same cathegories and I do not want to add this info for one image at a time.

Thanks for your help,
Peter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Peter,

I can see how I can set coordinates and keywords to multiple files at the same time. I can also add the meta data template to many images at the same time but this is only convenient for some of the meta data. But my problem is to add image description, head line, categories, sub categories to multiple images at the same time similar to how you can do it with coordinates. Is this possible? Quite often I can have 5-10 images that can have the same description and belong to the same categories and I do not want to add this info for one image at a time.

Yes, use the Metadata (IPTC) Template dialog to apply metadata to a selection of files.

Please see: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#IPTC_Stationery_Pad

-Kirk