Author Topic: Strange upload coincidence?  (Read 1436 times)

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Strange upload coincidence?
« on: November 10, 2019, 01:56:40 AM »
I had an upload issue yesterday at a football match yesterday and it was very frustrating. Images, including a goal celebration, would not upload. In fact, it took nearly 50 mins to get an image out! I tried rebooting my 4G wifi device numerous times and tried my phone's hotspot. Nothing would work so I gave up trying.

I then shot a few hundred shots and, during a break in the action, ingested one of my cards. At that point, my images started sending. Everyone sent. I'm sure these are not connected but it does seem a coincidence?

PM5 Version 5.0, build 19749 (20d085a) on 2015 MBP 10.14.6

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Strange upload coincidence?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 08:54:26 PM »
I had an upload issue yesterday at a football match yesterday and it was very frustrating. Images, including a goal celebration, would not upload. In fact, it took nearly 50 mins to get an image out! I tried rebooting my 4G wifi device numerous times and tried my phone's hotspot. Nothing would work so I gave up trying.

I then shot a few hundred shots and, during a break in the action, ingested one of my cards. At that point, my images started sending. Everyone sent. I'm sure these are not connected but it does seem a coincidence?

PM5 Version 5.0, build 19749 (20d085a) on 2015 MBP 10.14.6

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 11:13:18 AM »
Hi Kirk

Zip file attached

Thanks for your help.

Jon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 11:48:05 AM »
Thanks for the log.  There are a number of network related errors reported ("Socket error sending data to server", "Received incomplete response line", "Server responded with transient error", "TCPSocket::connect() failed, waiting and trying again", etc.) in your log on the 9th.  Sounds like your internet connection was not reliable enough to send images for a period of time.

-Kirk