Author Topic: PM6: ingested card eject error stops other cards ingesting  (Read 1398 times)

Offline owen-b

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6: ingested card eject error stops other cards ingesting
« on: November 13, 2019, 04:22:24 AM »
Hi, I'm running PM 6.0, build 3889, on an iMac running 10.14.6.

When I attach multiple SD cards to the computer and ingest them simultaneously, if I leave the computer to ingest it will usually sleep the screen/computer at some point. If a card finishes ingesting during this period, PM is unable to auto-eject the card and when I go back to the computer I get an error dialog that says PM was unable to eject the card, an error occurred. This error dialog seemingly interrupts PMs ability to keep ingesting any of the other connected cards. Pressing 'Okay' on the error dialog continues the other cards ingesting.

I regularly find I've left the computer to ingest cards overnight and it's just stopped about 15 minutes after I left the machine running on the task because this error has occurred for the first card PM ingested and tried to eject.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6: ingested card eject error stops other cards ingesting
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 08:05:03 AM »
Hi, I'm running PM 6.0, build 3889, on an iMac running 10.14.6.

When I attach multiple SD cards to the computer and ingest them simultaneously, if I leave the computer to ingest it will usually sleep the screen/computer at some point. If a card finishes ingesting during this period, PM is unable to auto-eject the card and when I go back to the computer I get an error dialog that says PM was unable to eject the card, an error occurred. This error dialog seemingly interrupts PMs ability to keep ingesting any of the other connected cards. Pressing 'Okay' on the error dialog continues the other cards ingesting.

I regularly find I've left the computer to ingest cards overnight and it's just stopped about 15 minutes after I left the machine running on the task because this error has occurred for the first card PM ingested and tried to eject.

Can't you set your computer to not sleep when you want it to complete a task?

-Kirk

Offline owen-b

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM6: ingested card eject error stops other cards ingesting
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 08:08:12 AM »
Yeah that occurred to me but, firstly I don't need to set it to not sleep when I want to achieve a task, as that task typically happens in the background while sleeping. For example the ingest continues. It's *just* the eject that doesn't, which itself causes the error dialog to trigger, which itself causes the other ingests to stop. It's not the sleep itself that causes the ingest to stop.

Also, that feels like a change in how I use my computer being dictated by an issue in how a piece of software works, which isn't ideal. Another workaround would be me disabling the 'automatically eject cards after ingest' option in PM, but also not ideal.

Ingests can clearly still happen when the display/computer is sleeping, it's just this can't-eject-while-sleeping error dialog popping up that seems to stop the background ingest. Is this something that can be fixed or changed in a future update?