Author Topic: drag and drop move instead of drag and drop copy  (Read 3223 times)

Offline Alphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
drag and drop move instead of drag and drop copy
« on: November 14, 2019, 02:08:59 PM »
I'm running Catalina on a 2015 MacBook Pro and Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3954 (158b808).  On past versions I've been able to do drag and drop moves from one folder to another while in PM.  Now when I do it, it does a copy leaving me to clean up the extra images from the folder of origination.  I know I can do the right click and select "move" to get around this strangeness, but is there some preference (that I've not been able to find) that will allow me to once again use the drag and drop move?

Thanks!

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: drag and drop move instead of drag and drop copy
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 02:39:25 PM »
If you do a Rescan (View > Rescan) after dragging and dropping, do the dragged images in the Source directory no longer show up?

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 04:00:48 PM »
I can confirm the exact same problem on Catalina and a MacBook Pro 2018 with the latest build 3954. There is also some problems with the uploading to an FTP with this new build as speed of uploading dosent appear anymore also. I am going back to the older build right now..........

Offline Riton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 11:31:46 PM »
Update : FTP uploading works correctly but the upload speed stays to zero during the uploads..........Under the precedent build, it was correctly appearing.

Offline Alphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 08:25:22 AM »
Rescan does not change the view.  The images remain and I can also find them in the Mac's Finder view.

Offline Rob Versteeg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 02:39:55 AM »
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3954 (158b808) on iMac / Catalina  10.15.1 - I just upgraded to this new build.
I have the same problem: after drag and drop (move) the photo's remain in the original folder.  After quitting and reopening they eventually are gone.
It already was kind of annoying  that I had to rescan a lot in version 6.0 to even approach my entire directory-tree, this new flaw doesn't make things better.  In fact: This makes working almost impossible!

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 09:35:37 AM »
We are aware of the issue that moving files via drag-and-drop does not update the contact sheet view until a manual rescan. The files are indeed moved, in that case, but PM is requiring a Rescan to show that fact.  Thanks for the reports and sorry for the inconvenience.   In the meantime, the kb shortcut for Rescan is  command-/ on macOS and ctrl-/ on Windows.    We'll work on a resolution
Mick O
Camera Bits