Author Topic: PM6 gstreamer installation  (Read 3246 times)

Offline olidie

• View Profile
PM6 gstreamer installation
« on: November 18, 2019, 08:02:27 AM »
Hi,

last week I upgraded to Photo Mechanic 6. During setup I followed the instructions to install gstreamer in order to see previews of video files. Since previews are not working for me (Win 10 1903, PM6  build 3954) I thought about a new installation of gstreamer but I can not find a possibility to tell PM the new location of the gstreamer folder. Is there a way to edit the location info for gstreamer within PM, maybe an ini?

I noticed that the gstreamer version offered during PM setup was older than the ones on gstreamer.freedesktop.org. Would it make sense to move to the newest version of gstreamer?

Oliver

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 gstreamer installation
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 10:03:56 AM »
Oliver,

last week I upgraded to Photo Mechanic 6. During setup I followed the instructions to install gstreamer in order to see previews of video files. Since previews are not working for me (Win 10 1903, PM6  build 3954) I thought about a new installation of gstreamer but I can not find a possibility to tell PM the new location of the gstreamer folder. Is there a way to edit the location info for gstreamer within PM, maybe an ini?

In the Files page of the Photo Mechanic 6 Preferences dialog, there is a path for GStreamer near the bottom of the page.  Click on the "..." button to locate it.

I noticed that the gstreamer version offered during PM setup was older than the ones on gstreamer.freedesktop.org. Would it make sense to move to the newest version of gstreamer?

No.  Only the version we suggest in the installer should be used.  Moving to a newer one will disable the functionality.

-Kirk

Offline olidie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 10:16:42 AM »
Thank you Kirk. I was able to point PM to the right location of gstreamer but to no avail. I still don't see any previews.

I did not keep the originally downloaded version of gstreamer. Was it Version 1.07.? https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/windows/1.0.7/

Oliver

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 10:35:43 AM »
Hi Oliver,

Here's a download link to the version of GStreamer you want to use with Photo Mechanic:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/windows/1.12.2/gstreamer-1.0-x86_64-1.12.2.msi

HTH,
Jerry

Offline olidie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 10:36:53 AM »
Thank you very much, Jerry!