Author Topic: Navigator will not automatically refresh when I create a new folder  (Read 1576 times)

Offline David Murray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I just purchased 6.0 and have noticed that if I create a new folder or sub folder that it doesn't show up on my navigator. In previous versions, I simply clicked the triangle next to the folder name to minimize it, and then reclicked it and the new folder would appear. Now the only way for me to see the folder is to shut down and restart Photo Mechanic.  Is there something that I can adjust in preferences to make a folder appear without having to close PM?

I am on a Mac and unfortunately had upgraded to Catalina... so I am trying to work around an already messy situation between PM and LR. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Navigator will not automatically refresh when I create a new folder
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 12:28:22 PM »
David,

I just purchased 6.0 and have noticed that if I create a new folder or sub folder that it doesn't show up on my navigator. In previous versions, I simply clicked the triangle next to the folder name to minimize it, and then reclicked it and the new folder would appear. Now the only way for me to see the folder is to shut down and restart Photo Mechanic.  Is there something that I can adjust in preferences to make a folder appear without having to close PM?

How are you creating the new folder?  From within PM6?  How?

What filesystem does the drive have on it that you're not seeing the new folder appear when you collapse and expand the parent folder?

Thanks,

-Kirk