Author Topic: Is it possible to search for images that have no GPS info?  (Read 1972 times)

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
Is it possible to search for images that have no GPS info?
« on: November 19, 2019, 07:59:42 AM »
Some of my images have GPS info; some don't. Is there anyway I can search and just view those images that need to be geotagged?

Many thanks for any help.

Pat

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Is it possible to search for images that have no GPS info?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 08:36:13 AM »
Pat,

Some of my images have GPS info; some don't. Is there anyway I can search and just view those images that need to be geotagged?

Sure.  Use the "Select photos with GPS" command on the Edit menu.  The images that don't have GPS info won't be selected.  You can now invert the selection by using the "Select Others (invert)" command on the Edit menu.  They will now be selected.  If you now really want to see only those images, you can choose the "Selected" item on the view by popup-menu in the Contact Sheet toolbar (it's next to the "Reverse" checkbox.)  Now only the images with no GPS will be visible.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Big-Gee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 04:06:11 PM »
thanks for the method to do this.  Although it would be simpler and more intuitivr to just have a menu opton to elect photos with No GPS data.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 04:42:34 PM »
thanks for the method to do this.  Although it would be simpler and more intuitivr to just have a menu opton to elect photos with No GPS data.

Sure, but if we made the negative of every selection command on the edit menu there would be a large number of items to look through which can be off-putting to some users.  Feel free to make a feature request though and if enough people as for it, we'd probably add it.  See this post for how to make a feature request: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12803.0

-Kirk