Author Topic: PM6 Issues  (Read 2320 times)

Offline cdnpilot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6 Issues
« on: November 19, 2019, 05:24:36 PM »
I recently put a fresh copy of Catalina 10.15 on my Mac Mini (wiped and started from scratch). I ran the 'free' copy of PM6 then when the time was almost up, I purchased a license. Since registering the software I have had a few issues.

1) When ingesting a card, the thumbnails become 'frozen'. Clicking on them or trying to move them results in nothing. Everything else - i.e. left window - seems to work fine. The fix is to close down the contact sheet then re-open it. It then works fine.

2) Our process is to ingest all the files (maybe a few hundred at a time) then move them to separate folders. By highlighting and dragging a number of the files, the hovering over the file folder under 'Favorites', pausing for a second should cause the nested folder to open. Randomly and intermittently nothing happens. I have waited up to 30 seconds, nothing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. The only fix I have found is to manually open each nested folder.

3) Intermittently I see the problem in the attached photo (sorry about size) - they are all jpegs. Again, shutting down the contact sheet and re-open solves the issue.

Now, I know this has nothing to do with the registration - but do any of these sound familiar? I just installed 6.0 Build 3954.

Kevin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 06:34:52 PM »
Kevin,

I recently put a fresh copy of Catalina 10.15 on my Mac Mini (wiped and started from scratch). I ran the 'free' copy of PM6 then when the time was almost up, I purchased a license. Since registering the software I have had a few issues.

1) When ingesting a card, the thumbnails become 'frozen'. Clicking on them or trying to move them results in nothing. Everything else - i.e. left window - seems to work fine. The fix is to close down the contact sheet then re-open it. It then works fine.

Are the thumbnails blank when the Contact Sheet is in this state?

2) Our process is to ingest all the files (maybe a few hundred at a time) then move them to separate folders. By highlighting and dragging a number of the files, the hovering over the file folder under 'Favorites', pausing for a second should cause the nested folder to open. Randomly and intermittently nothing happens. I have waited up to 30 seconds, nothing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. The only fix I have found is to manually open each nested folder.

Are the folders on a local disk or are they on a server?

3) Intermittently I see the problem in the attached photo (sorry about size) - they are all jpegs. Again, shutting down the contact sheet and re-open solves the issue.

Now, I know this has nothing to do with the registration - but do any of these sound familiar? I just installed 6.0 Build 3954.

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline cdnpilot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM6 Issues
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 06:57:03 PM »
No, when frozen thumbnails are not blank... but they look kinda 'flat' if that makes any sense.

All files and folders are on the same machine as PM.

I will call... but as I stated this was randomly intermittent.... so hard to reproduce.

Kevin