Author Topic: Launching to Lightroom Classic  (Read 2220 times)

Offline juji

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Launching to Lightroom Classic
« on: November 20, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »
Hi, bit of a puzzle

Mac OSX 10.14.6 | PM5, PM6 | Lightroom Classic

In PM5 I have always right-clicked my images and selected Edit images with>Lightroom, which I set in Preferences>Launching.

I recently updated to both PM6 and Lightroom Classic.

In PM6 I tried to assign the default Launching application as Lightroom Classic, but a pop-up blocked me telling me I couldn't launch Lightroom in this way, and I should drag and drop to Lightroom.

Puzzled, I went back to PM5 and it allowed me to assign the default application as Lightroom Classic. Everything worked as it normally does for me.

I went back to PM6 and now my default application has changed to Lightroom Classic! Bizarre. It continues to work perfectly for me.

Why block it if it works well for some users?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Launching to Lightroom Classic
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 01:59:41 PM »
Hi, bit of a puzzle

Mac OSX 10.14.6 | PM5, PM6 | Lightroom Classic

In PM5 I have always right-clicked my images and selected Edit images with>Lightroom, which I set in Preferences>Launching.

I recently updated to both PM6 and Lightroom Classic.

In PM6 I tried to assign the default Launching application as Lightroom Classic, but a pop-up blocked me telling me I couldn't launch Lightroom in this way, and I should drag and drop to Lightroom.

Puzzled, I went back to PM5 and it allowed me to assign the default application as Lightroom Classic. Everything worked as it normally does for me.

I went back to PM6 and now my default application has changed to Lightroom Classic! Bizarre. It continues to work perfectly for me.

Why block it if it works well for some users?

Because it is one of our greatest support issues.  Drag and drop works for everyone and launching only works for some users.

-Kirk