Author Topic: rescan behavior  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Jan

• View Profile
rescan behavior
« on: November 23, 2019, 02:38:10 AM »
Hello,

what should the rescan behavior be after ingest. I', not sure if it is a bug or not. I thought that I had the settings in the ingest setup to "Open Contact sheets after ingest" and that there will be a rescan of the contact sheet if i ingest a new card with pictures. With the latest build I have the behavior that this is not the case. I only get a rescan of the contact sheet if I set the settings to "Open contact sheet during ingest". But this setting slows down the ingest a bit.
What should the correct behavior be? I would like to have an automaticaly rescan after each ingest.

Device ist running PM 6 latest on Windows 10 Pro 64BIT 1909.

Thx
Jan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: rescan behavior
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 05:53:14 PM »
Hello,

what should the rescan behavior be after ingest. I', not sure if it is a bug or not. I thought that I had the settings in the ingest setup to "Open Contact sheets after ingest" and that there will be a rescan of the contact sheet if i ingest a new card with pictures. With the latest build I have the behavior that this is not the case. I only get a rescan of the contact sheet if I set the settings to "Open contact sheet during ingest". But this setting slows down the ingest a bit.
What should the correct behavior be? I would like to have an automaticaly rescan after each ingest.

What is the behavior that you're seeing?  The Contact Sheet opens up after the Ingest completes and there are no images present until you force a Rescan?

-Kirk

Offline Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 10:12:28 PM »
Hello Kirk,
after the first ingest the contact sheet will open and shows the images which were first on the card.  When I then ingest the second card the ingest notification will pop up the bar runs to green but New images will only be shown after a manuall rescan oft the contact sheet. This happens when the ingest settings are set to  "Open Contact sheets after ingest". In the preferences I also habe set the rescan after resume Option.

I this the normal behavior for  "Open Contact sheets after ingest"?

Jan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 06:37:26 PM »
Jan,

after the first ingest the contact sheet will open and shows the images which were first on the card.  When I then ingest the second card the ingest notification will pop up the bar runs to green but New images will only be shown after a manuall rescan oft the contact sheet. This happens when the ingest settings are set to  "Open Contact sheets after ingest". In the preferences I also habe set the rescan after resume Option.

I this the normal behavior for  "Open Contact sheets after ingest"?

Are both Ingests going into the same folder?

-Kirk

Offline Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 09:01:17 PM »
Yes, both ingest are going into the same folder.

Offline Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 05:22:11 AM »
@Kirk
How should the behavior during ingest be if I'm ingesting different cards into the same JOB/Folder?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 12:17:45 PM »
@Kirk
How should the behavior during ingest be if I'm ingesting different cards into the same JOB/Folder?

It should rescan.  A bug was introduced into the last build and will be addressed in the next PM6 build.

-Kirk

Offline Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 02:06:28 AM »
Thank you

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 05:51:31 PM »
Please get the new Photo Mechanic 6 build 4150: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=13046.0

-Kirk

Offline Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2019, 09:04:53 PM »
Thank you Kirk