Author Topic: Should PM5 still work after the upgrade to PM6?  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Goos van der Veen

• View Profile
    • www.goosvanderveen.com
Should PM5 still work after the upgrade to PM6?
« on: November 28, 2019, 03:26:35 PM »
I'm confused. When I bought the upgrade to PM6 a couple of months ago, I could still use PM5 on the same computer. Since PM6's newest updates I don't need to keep PM5 on that computer, so I removed it, and also removed it from my other 2 main computers and replaced it with PM6.

I have 2 other Macs that contain my archive and backups, and I figured the old PM5 could occasionally be helpful there. But I can't get them to work. When I try to register them I get a message saying that the max number of activations is reached, and my CameraBits account page says I have 2 activations and 0 seats.

The question is: can I no longer use PM5 because the PM6-upgrade made the PM5 licence void? Or should I still be able to use PM5 computers nr. 4 and 5, and has something else gone wrong?

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Re: Should PM5 still work after the upgrade to PM6?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 05:45:52 PM »
You didn’t get a new license with PM6, only a new version. You have the same licensing quantity after the version upgrade as you had before.

Offline Goos van der Veen

• View Profile
    • www.goosvanderveen.com
Re: Should PM5 still work after the upgrade to PM6?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 01:14:02 PM »
OK, clear, thanx.