Author Topic: Ingest  (Read 1693 times)

Offline bellie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest
« on: November 27, 2019, 06:15:42 AM »
Im running Catalina 10.15.1 and using PM6 build3954(158b808)

Since installation a few issues with the ingest Im using CF cards and CFast cards. Firstly Catalina now sees the CFast cards as an external hard drive and asks do I want to use it as a back up disk. Im only mentioning this in case it has relevance, I know this is a Mac OS issue. I click no to the question of using as an external drive to back up

PM6 cannot find the source directories to ingest using Cfast cards, I am having to drag them in manually to a folder and then caption. This also happens using a cf card. I have changed card readers and also cards without success.

I have attached a small iPhone video and also a screen grab of how I have the ingest set up although this has not changed from my normal workflow. Any help or to point out what a sap I am is welcome.

Online ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Ingest
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 03:54:36 PM »
I think your video may have been to big for an attachment on the forums. Google Drive or Dropbox link?

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 11:53:05 AM »
...sees the CFast cards as an external hard drive and asks do I want to use it as a back up disk.

You can run this command in Terminal to disable that prompt.

Code: [Select]
/usr/bin/defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.TimeMachine DoNotOfferNewDisksForBackup -bool true
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline bellie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 02:52:50 PM »