Author Topic: contact sheet Question  (Read 2385 times)

Offline gbaum

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
contact sheet Question
« on: December 01, 2019, 12:50:09 PM »
As a new user to Photo Mechanic I am presented with this question the first time I  opened the program “Please select a folder to open as a contact sheet”
Should I create a folder called contact sheet? If so where?

Sorry for the nub question but I am not exactly sure how to proceed…

I create a new folder for each project, can I or should I create a contact sheet sub folder in this new folder or is the contact sheet places in a static place that Photo Mechanic uses?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: contact sheet Question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 12:58:15 PM »
As a new user to Photo Mechanic I am presented with this question the first time I  opened the program “Please select a folder to open as a contact sheet”

I create a new folder for each project, can I or should I create a contact sheet sub folder in this new folder or is the contact sheet places in a static place that Photo Mechanic uses?

Just pick a folder that already has some photos in it and Photo Mechanic will show them to you.

You do not need to create new folders.  If you don't want Photo Mechanic to ask you to open a folder each time you start it up, you can change the setting from the Preferences dialog.

-Kirk

Offline Henry-In-Florida

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Techworks Pro Co.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 05:20:17 AM »

Just pick a folder that already has some photos in it and Photo Mechanic will show them to you.

You do not need to create new folders.  If you don't want Photo Mechanic to ask you to open a folder each time you start it up, you can change the setting from the Preferences dialog.

-Kirk
So there is no adjustment to display or show images down a level in the media folder hierarchy?
Cameras: Canon 5D MK4, EOS Rebel DS-1
Lenses: EF16-35mm 2.8L USM; EF18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS II USM; EF24-105 f4L IS USM; EF85mm f1.8 USM
CPU: MacBook Pro 2019
Image Processing Apps: Affinity Photo, On1Photo RAW

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 09:09:59 AM »
Henry,

So there is no adjustment to display or show images down a level in the media folder hierarchy?

You can open a folder and its sub-folders recursively from the Favorites or Navigator.  If you do so, there is no facility for limiting how deep it will go in search of folders from your starting folder.  We do not recommend opening the root folder of a disk containing tens or hundreds of thousands of photos.  Photo Mechanic is not designed to show you your entire hard drive's worth of photos at once.

-Kirk