Author Topic: What is the purpose of the "p" keyboard shortcut in Preview mode?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline rdseely

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, after my cat walked over my keyboard, I could no longer assign color classifications to my photos in the preview view of Photo Mechanic 6 on my Mac, using the "accessibility" single key presses (press 1-8 or 0 to assign color). I could still assign ratings using Cmd-1 - Cmd-8. Also, the status bar at the bottom of images, which showed the rating and color class was hidden. After trying every key on the keyboard, I discovered that the "p" key seemed to toggle hiding the status bar and disabling single key ratings.

I didn't find the "p" keyboard shortcut listed in the online documentation. Firstly, what is the actual purpose of this shortcut? Secondly, please can you add this to the keyboard shortcuts documentation?

Thanks!

R.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: What is the purpose of the "p" keyboard shortcut in Preview mode?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 12:28:37 PM »
Hi everyone, after my cat walked over my keyboard, I could no longer assign color classifications to my photos in the preview view of Photo Mechanic 6 on my Mac, using the "accessibility" single key presses (press 1-8 or 0 to assign color). I could still assign ratings using Cmd-1 - Cmd-8. Also, the status bar at the bottom of images, which showed the rating and color class was hidden. After trying every key on the keyboard, I discovered that the "p" key seemed to toggle hiding the status bar and disabling single key ratings.

I didn't find the "p" keyboard shortcut listed in the online documentation. Firstly, what is the actual purpose of this shortcut? Secondly, please can you add this to the keyboard shortcuts documentation?

"P" toggles crop view mode.  It is a read-only mode (you can't make other edits like tagging/rating/etc.) while it is active.

HTH,

-Kirk