Author Topic: Crash when moving between monitors  (Read 4190 times)

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Crash when moving between monitors
« on: December 04, 2019, 08:39:18 AM »
PM6+ is crashing every time I attempt to drag it from one monitor to the other. PM6 does not have this affliction. There is no warning, or log capture opportunity, it just stops and closes half way through the drag. I can start the app on either display and it will run fine until I attempt to drag it to the other. Issue remains regardless of which monitor is selected as the primary.

Any ideas?

Regards,
...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Crash when moving between monitors
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 09:39:05 AM »
PM6+ is crashing every time I attempt to drag it from one monitor to the other. PM6 does not have this affliction. There is no warning, or log capture opportunity, it just stops and closes half way through the drag. I can start the app on either display and it will run fine until I attempt to drag it to the other. Issue remains regardless of which monitor is selected as the primary.

When you launch again, does a crash reporter appear and are you filing a crash report?  Those crash reports come directly to us.

-Kirk

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 10:47:22 AM »
When you launch again, does a crash reporter appear and are you filing a crash report?  Those crash reports come directly to us.

No, I never receive an opportunity to provide a crash report. When I restart, it is business as usual with all well until I attempt to drag the app to the other monitor. At which time it simply closes without warning or further comment.

And, incidentally, all drivers are current this morning.

...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 01:25:37 PM »
Bill,

I did see a crash report from you this afternoon.  Thanks for filing it.

-Kirk

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 02:16:05 PM »
I did see a crash report from you this afternoon.  Thanks for filing it.

Sure thing. Funny thing is that that crash occurred merely as I was closing the app and actually presented the crash report option. But, I do believe this is all related to running across two monitors. When I take out one of them- no problems. But even if I click the thumb in the contact sheet to bring up the preview (and it comes up on the other display) PS6+ closes immediately. No crash report option.

And again, PS6 does not exhibit any of the problems.

...Bill

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 04:12:09 PM »
Bill,

We have identified and fixed the problem.  Thank you for your help.  Can you download and install this build?

https://www.camerabits.com/download/PMPlusSetupR4079_d57b7337.msi

Please let me know if it fixes your crash issue (or not!)

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 04:21:46 PM »

Yes sir. Problem solved. Thanks to your team for this awesome address of the issue.

What a gang.

...Bill

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 05:36:34 PM »
Bill,

Yes sir. Problem solved. Thanks to your team for this awesome address of the issue.

What a gang.

Thank you for the confirmation.

-Kirk