Author Topic: Contextual menu item...  (Read 9305 times)

Offline humnicky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Contextual menu item...
« on: April 24, 2006, 05:58:05 AM »
First off, congrats on launching the forum. I have been a Photo Mechanic user since I made the jump to digital 2.5 years ago and I would be LOST without it! I know, a little late to the party, but I’m here now. I’ll get the ball rolling in this forum section with a suggestion. Forgive me if it has been brought up before, but I was not a member of the RG forums.

One feature that I would love to see come to the Mac version is a contextual menu item for “open with Photo Mechanic” when I right click on a folder. I see that it exists in the PC version and would love to have on the Mac as well…just one of those little time savers that are so nice a busy day. :)

Phil Humnicky
Univ Photographer-Georgetown Univ
Nikon D2X
MacPro Tower
15" MacBook Pro 2.53 Core 2 Duo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Contextual menu item...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 06:59:57 AM »
One feature that I would love to see come to the Mac version is a contextual menu item for “open with Photo Mechanic” when I right click on a folder. I see that it exists in the PC version and would love to have on the Mac as well…just one of those little time savers that are so nice a busy day. :)

That's right.  I've seen that other Mac apps do that sort of thing.  I'll look into it.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Kirk

Offline charlesteton

• View Profile
    • www.charlesteton.com
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 08:09:34 AM »
You can do exactly that, install Turly's fantatic FinderPop, do not worry about it being in beta. Turly has been making this for 5+ years when it was for OS 9.

http://www.finderpop.com/

I hope this help.
Charles Teton
www.makingmymovie.com

Support Info: PM 5 latest, 2 x Canon EOS 1D MK IV, 2 x 15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz, 4GB DDR2, Mac OS 10.6.8, 20" Apple Cinema Display. Multiple Firewire 400 & 800 HD's and Multiple USB 2.0 HD's, approx. 12TB total.

Offline JStrait

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 03:57:57 PM »
Unfortunately they don't have a Universal Binary version yet...  :'(
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 03:59:42 PM by JStrait »